"Supported by the Australian Sports Commission, the Australian Paralympic Committee and the Equestrian Australia High Performance Program"
Key elements of Equestrian Queenslands Para-Equestrian programme include:
• EDUCATION AND TRAINING - of volunteers and officials to increase their skills and confidence to successfully incorporate coaching and activities to riders with a disability;
• CLUB DEVELOPMENT - support to affiliated clubs though Information Sessions and Packages on inclusive practices and adaptive equipment to make riding not only possible, but safer for people with disabilities to participate;
• EVENTS AND COMPETITIONS – to provide sustainable programmes for athletes with a disability; to experience the competition atmosphere based on individual rider's requirements;
• ATHLETE PATHWAYS – Create a framework which will enable clubs to provide pathways for riders with a disability, move from grass roots participation to elite level competition;
• PARTNERSHIPS – Acknowledge and develop relationships with other organisations to link communities and improve utilisation of resources.
Should you have any queries in relation to the new Para-Equestrian programme please contact Sasha or Sam on (07) 3891 6611 or email firstname.lastname@example.org